In partnership with the Swarovski Foundation and The Princes Foundation, Fashion Council Germany presented the winners from the FASHION X CRAFT education program during Berlin Fashion Week.
After receiving many applications, the jury selected a total of eight young designers who will receive a tailor-made education program over the next few months. The focus of the project is to show the talents new traditional craftsmanship techniques, to strengthen their innovative thinking and to introduce them to sustainable methods and materials for their future work.
The winners of the FASHION X CRAFT education programme are:
- Alexis Mersmann (HTW Berlin)
- Jana Heinemann (HTW Berlin)
- Julia Ballardt and Nico Berhaegen (Royal Academy Antwerp)
- Mirjan von Mengershausen (Kunsthochschule Berlin Weißensee)
- Philip Kofi Wagner (Hochschule Hannover)
- Svea Katharina Beckedorf (Central Saint Martins College London)
- Taskin Goec (Kunsthochschule Berlin)
During Berlin Fashion Week two looks per winner were introduced to guests in the entrance area of the event location at Hotel Zoo.