The Swarovski Foundation is committed to supporting the emergency situation in Ukraine by helping long standing partner United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to deliver urgent life-saving assistance to women, children, and men.
UNHCR and Ukraine
Since 1994, UNHCR has been working in Ukraine on the ground and is committed to stay and deliver amid the deteriorating situation and increasing displacement for as long as they have access to populations in need. With the Swarovski Foundation’s support, UNHCR will continue to focus on protecting people forced to flee and those in need of support by concentrating in three main areas: humanitarian coordination; protection; and shelter and core relief items.
UNHCR estimates that up to 4 million refugees may flee Ukraine. The full impact of the situation is not yet clear and is changing by the day. But it is evident that there is a disastrous impact on the already challenging humanitarian situation. UNHCR has declared Ukraine as an internal Level 3 emergency –the highest level, activated in exceptionally serious situations to facilitate a whole-of-UNHCR approach to needs.
Swarovski Foundation Partnership with UNHCR
The Swarovski Foundation has supported refugees around the world by partnering with organisations such as Save the Children, British Red Cross and UNHCR. Since 2018, the Swarovski Foundation has worked with UNHCR to provide over 320 young refugees with vocational training to help them build brighter futures. Most recently the Swarovski Foundation supported UNHCR Afghanistan appeal to provide emergency relief to people displaced due to conflict.
The Swarovski Foundation will continue to support UNHCR today with focus towards its Ukraine Emergency Appeal and consistently support UNHCR emergency efforts throughout the year.
How can you support?
- MAKE A DONATION – Your support matters. UNHCR is therefrom when an emergency breaks to when it is safe to go home. Your donation will allow them to provide support to displaced families when it’s needed most and will help ensure Ukrainians forced to flee their homes are sheltered and safe. The Swarovski Foundation will match all donations to UNHCR until 31st March 2022. Donate Here.
- RAISE AWARENESS – Use your voice and raise awareness on social media of the emergency situation in Ukraine and how we as individuals can make a difference. Help amplify UNHCR’s messages and share their content across your network as they post live updates daily from their Instagram account here
- FIND OUT MORE – Follow the latest updates on the emergency situation in Ukraine and learn more about UNHCR’s efforts on the ground on their website here.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT OTHER IMPORTANT ORGANISATIONS – Here are other ways to support the Ukraine situation:
· RED CROSS – link here
· UNICEF – link here
· CARE INTERNATIONAL – link here
Swarovski Foundation Emergency & Action Fund
The Swarovski Foundation is always committed to listening to what is happening around the world and taking action by bringing relief and support to communities affected by environmental and social challenges.
Since inception, the Foundation has provided emergency response and action to partners during conflict and natural disasters, including the Ebola crisis in 2014; the Nepal earthquake in 2015; the Syrian refugee crisis in 2015 and 2017; and the Greece wildfires and Indonesian earthquake emergency appeals in 2018; Australia Wildfires and Black Lives Matter movement in 2020; Stop Asian Hate Campaign and Afghanistan appeal in 2021.